June 9, 2011

9TH June 2011


A Soweto woman claims she was promised R10 000 to pose as a doctor at Chris Hani-Baragwanath Academic Hospital so she could spy for a Daily Sun journalist.
Fikile Busisiwe Khanyi, 26, said she was given a stethoscope and a name tag with “Dr FB Khanyi” printed on it by journalist “Simphiwe Sithole” so he could gain access to the hospital and medical wards.
She told the Orlando Magistrate’s Court yesterday the journalist had “told me that he had found me a job”. Khanyi said she had started her act in January and was caught a few days later on January 25.
“He told me my job was to go to the hospital and look at how patients were treated, and if I spotted anything wrong, I must call him. He promised to pay me R10 000 if I had a story for him,” said Khanyi.
Khanyi said she had spent time walking through wards, and all she did was “greet nursing staff”.
State witness Thembinkosi Ngema, who is a senior human resources officer at the hospital,

No comments:

Post a Comment