December 10, 2011

10th Decenber 2011

Double rape horror

Two sisters who were allegedly raped by uniformed police on the same night in two different places last Friday hold hands during an interview with the Saturday Star. Photo: Paballo Thekiso

Two Joburg women have been left shattered. Their rapists are in jail this weekend. But the two sisters don’t know who to trust because two of the attackers were uniformed police sergeants.

“It feels as though I have nowhere to turn to. What hope is there for me... men who were supposed to protect me hurt me... they defiled me,” said Katrien* from her lawyer Ian Levitt’s Sandton office on Friday afternoon.

This week, police replaced the original investigating officer with an officer from the Independent Complaints Directors (ICD) as detectives search for a further two suspects, who the victims suspect might also be serving police officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment