December 15, 2011

15th December 2011

Its drug week indeed.


A drug mule tells us how it's done

She has made five trips to four different countries. She has conned immigration officials and foreign police, worked with four different syndicates and received more than R60 000 in cash. And on three occasions she nearly got caught – but she believes luck was on her side.
Tina (whose real name is known to The Star) has been a successful drug trafficker since February.
The 44-year-old spoke to The Star after one South African drug mule, Janice Linden, was executed in China and another, Nolubabalo Nobanda, 23, was caught in Thailand on Monday.
“I don’t think anyone can judge anyone until they are in a situation like this. It’s not easy. It’s very stressful. People must not think it’s easy,” said Tina on Wednesday.

Tina, who lives in the south of Joburg, got into drug trafficking as an unemployed middle-aged woman with a criminal record.

“I became a desperate woman, desperate to feed my children. It’s not like I haven’t tried everything else, I have – but I have no other option.” She has two sons, aged 23 and two.

No comments:

Post a Comment