June 3, 2011

3rd June 2011

At Warmbaths in Bela Bela... Superbly great calamari at the Spur. Haven't tasted calamari like that since I was on the Scottish coast. I'm here for research purposes only. This is going to be quick 'cause I need to try out my mom's  cozzie and go for a late night dip in the hot pools.

Today's story...

Memories of the nation’s mother


A SINGLE white candle burnt. A prayer service held. Albertina Sisulu has died and a nation mourns.

Political royalty and some of South Africa’s well-known elite descended on MaSisulu’s home this morning.

Shaka Sisulu, a grandson, spent the morning tweeting some of his fondest memories of the woman many know as a mother of the nation. He said he hadn’t slept, but was remembering some of his favourite gogo memories and asking people to tweet him some of theirs. He said the family would make a formal statement later today.

2 comments:

  1. Language Timothy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't me posting and I would like to abdicate all responsibility for the profanity used on this post, even stranger, the person who wrote this does not really swear, must of been a moment of blog madness. I am editing it out tonight, and am myself trying to stop swearing like a sailor....am doing well, its just another habit to break..

    ReplyDelete